Support your local Craft Distiller – Shop Local, Shop Small.
Craft Distillers are an excellent example of a place you can shop local, and support a small business. The US Small Business Association defines a small manufacturing business as under 500 employees thus almost every craft distiller in the country is a small business. Most in fact have less than 10 employees so nearly any craft distillery is a small business. There is a growing push to “Shop Local” and in many cases people are just growing tired of some of the poor quality products sold in big box stores. Larger businesses are also often criticized for paying very low wages. Does any of this apply to Craft Distilleries – sure it does.
Why support local craft distillers.
We think this is a pretty easy decision but for those who are not yet convinced here are a few reasons to support you local Craft Distillery.
- Your local craft distiller has put their own money at risk and typically a large percentage of their total personal assets on the line – they need your support! If they do a good job support them!
- Craft Distillers are part of a growing new trend in the Spirits industry – they are innovators, typically very hard working, and are creating new businesses were nothing existed before.
- Local distillers create jobs! A portion of what you spend at your local distillery may also help support local families!
- Craft distillers often source locally grown ingredients to make their products. You may often be helping local or regional farmers by buying locally.
- Likewise the dollars you spend with a local distiller stay within your community longer, Distillers pay for rents, salaries, supplies, fuel, and their own personal expenses LOCALLY! Keeping your money local has an excellent benefit of also keeping your community vibrant as well.
- You can actually meet and get to know your local distiller – chances are this will be an interesting and enlightening experience.
- Expertise – smaller distillers love what they do, have become very knowledgeable, and put that back in every bottle they sell.
- Transparency – Its nice to know the local distiller and that they care about what goes in each bottle.
- Its fun! Is there anything more fun than spending time at the distillery with friends and family?
This Saturday 11-29-2014 is Shop Small, Shop Local day but everyday can be a Shop Local day!
At Craft Distillery Tours we fully support the efforts of local Craft Distillers – We salute you as innovators, respect you as risk takers, and support you in helping to find new customers for your awesome products!